Like Wading Through a Field of Oatmeal

Sometimes, reading just isn't fun. Slow starts, characters that don't grab me from the get-go, or a general feeling of "huh?" after x-amount of pages--those things just happen, now and then, sure. But when a book--one with excellent write-ups, no less--feels like wading through an endless field of oatmeal? Ugh. That is a special form of hell. 

But no, before anyone asks, I won't share what I'm reading right now. (Or "valiantly attempting to slog my way through", as is actually the case.) Perhaps putting it down and diving into something else will render the porridge-like tome more palatable in future, who knows? (And if so, I'll fill you in, then.) 

For now, though, there's always another book to read (and another, and...). I'll try to find something worthy, and see you soon. :)
   

Comments

  1. I am sooo happy that I am not the only one that that happens too!!!! A couple of times when that happened, I had my husband read the book and write the review! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL... it's a relief to know everyone goes through that, isn't it? :D

      Delete

Post a Comment

No ads or shilling, please. And always, always be polite.

Popular posts from this blog

Desperation, Loneliness, and Murder (science fiction book REVIEW of Earthrise)

The Real-Life Temperance Brennan: Kathy Reichs on a Case

A Different Spin on "Phantom"... (classic movie REVIEW)